Special One prefers Stevie G to Lamps That’s right folks – when asked by the Daily Telegraph to choose his Fantasy Football XI, Jose Mourinho picked Stevie G in midfield ahead of Frank Lampard. Jose’s other favourite Englishman, John Terry, didn’t make the cut either. Mourinho did select two Chelsea players: Ricardo Carvalho and Michael […]
Name the six clubs. Some shirts are current, others older Answers below:
Who’s the No.1 name on your fantasy team-sheet? If you are playing a Prem fantasy football competition this season, which goalies should you be scouting? Pies chooses six of the best: 1. Pepe Reina (Liverpool) Pros The Spanish slaphead is established as Rafa’s No.1 stopper, so you know he’ll play in every league game, if […]
Name the six clubs from the photos. Some are current strips, some from back in the day Answers below…
Name the six clubs from these photos. Some are current strips, some from the past…
Name the six clubs from these photos. Some are current strips, some from days gone by… Answers after the jump (no cheating)…
Name the six clubs from their shirts (some are old, some current). Answers after the jump
More brain pain… 1. Career path Aalesund, AS Monaco, Liverpool, Roma (current) 2. Multiple choice Which football figure controversially suggested in 2004 that female footballers should wear tighter shorts? a) Lennart Johansson, b) Rodney Marsh, c) Sepp Blatter, d) Joao Havelange 3. Picture round Who dis? 4. Get shirty Which company sponsors Real Madrid’s shirt? […]
It’s that time again… 1. Career path West Bromwich Albion, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Rangers, Sheffield Utd (current) 2. Multiple choice Which English club has the most outright Community (formerly Charity) Shield wins? a) Man Utd, b) Liverpool, c) Arsenal, d) Everton 3. Picture round Who dis? 4. Get shirty Viglen, The Woolwich, Llanera and Redbus […]
Pit your wits against our final Euro-themed quiz 1. Career path Servette, Tenerife, Hansa Rostock, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia MÃ¶nchengladbach (current) 2. Multiple choice Before David Villa’s hat-trick against Russia, who was the last man to score a hat-trick in a European Championship finals? a) Michel Platini, b) Patrick Kluivert, c) Marco van Basten, d) Milan […]
More Euro 2008-flavoured fiendishness 1. Career path GD Estoril-Praia, VitÃ³ria FC, Porto, Chelsea (current) 2. Multiple choice Michel Platini top-scored at Euro 1984, with how many goals? a) Six, b) Seven, c) Eight, d) Nine 3. Picture round Which Euro star? 4. Team-mates How many Juventus players feature in Euro 2008 squads (including those from […]
Another Euro 2008-themed quiz to hurt your head 1. Career path Werder Bremen, Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Werder Bremen (current) 2. Multiple choice Patrick Kluivert and which other player top scored at Euro 2000? a) Nuno Gomes, b) David Trezeguet, c) Thierry Henry, d) Savo Milosevic 3. Picture round Who’s this Euro star? 4. Team-mates […]
Another Euro-themed quiz to get your brains around 1. Career path Trelleborg, Juventus, Djurgarden, Rennes, Man City (current) 2. Multiple choice What are Euro 2008′s two mascots called? a) Zagi & Zigi, b) Flitz & Bitz, c) Trix & Flix, d) Flitz & Flix 3. Picture round Name this Euro 2008 player… 4. Team-mates How […]
Fiendishness with a European flavour1. Career path Boavista, Benfica, Fiorentina, Benfica (current) 2. Multiple choice Euro 2012 will be hosted by which two countries? a) Poland & Hungary, b) Poland & Ukraine, c) Poland & Latvia, d) Poland & Belarus 3. Picture round Who’s wearing shades? 4. Team-mates Roland Linz, Martin Harnik and Ronald Gercaliu […]
Flexing your football brain at Friday lunch-time
1. Career path Chelsea, Blackburn, West Ham, Fulham (current)
2. Multiple choice How many of Man Yoo’s 18-man squad for the 1999 Champions League final are still at the club?
a) two, b) three, c) four, d) five
3. Picture round Who’s the chap with mic in the head?
More fiendish than Dr Shinawatra 1. Career path Blackpool, QPR, West Ham, Man City, Cardiff City (current) 2. Multiple choice Who sponsored the FA Cup between 1995-98? a) Axa, b) Carslberg, c) Littlewood’s, d) Nationwide 3. Picture round Who’s this? 4. Team-mates Peter Ndlovu, Dean Windass, Phil Thompson, Chris Kamara and Steve Bruce have all […]
Last time I did the Fiendish Friday Quiz your combined total points was probably just shy of Derby County’s haul for the season. Like an A-level maths examiner, I feel inclined to make this one a little easier!
1. Career path Excelsior, Feyenoord, Coventry, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough
1. Career path Napoli, Parma, Internazionale, Juventus, Real Madrid 2. Multiple choice Which team’s motto translates as “More than a club”? a) Barcelona, b) Real Madrid, c) Atletico Madrid, d) Deportivo La Coruna 3. Picture round Who’s this? 4. Team-mates Kevin Campbell, Stan Collymore, Gordon Banks and Dennis Wise all played for which club? 5. […]
1. Career path ASEC Abidjan, Beveren, Metalurh Donetsk, Olympiakos, AS Monaco, Barcelona (current) 2. Multiple choice Which of these clubs has Fabio Capello not managed? a) Juventus, b) AC Milan, c) Roma, d) Parma 3. Picture round Who’s got chest control? 4. Team-mates Mido, Frank Stapleton, Benni McCarthy and Jan Molby have all played for […]
1. Career path Schalke 04, AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Arsenal (current) 2. Multiple choice Who did Liverpool defeat to win their first European Cup, in 1977? a) Malmo, b) Inter Milan, c) Borussia Monchengladbach, d) Club Brugge 3. Picture round Who’s this? 4. Team-mates Johnny Rep, Romario, Mario Kempes, Patrick Kluivert and Didier Deschamps have […]
It is a big weekend of sport coming up. Not only is it the FA Cup semi-finals but the Grand National is also taking place. A lot of footballing figures take more than a passing interest in the gee-gees. So we are going Through The Stable Keyhole to find out who has invested their football wages in a nag. Who owns a horse like this? Readers, it’s over to you.
1. Career path
Viking, Manchester United, Viking, Groningen, Fulham
2. True or false
The first English side to win the European Cup Winners’ Cup was West Ham United.
3. Picture round
Three footballers, each one represented by a set of photo clues. Guess who they are (answers after the click). Lateral thinking requiredâ€¦ 1. 2. 3.
1. Career path Wimbledon, Norwich City, Wigan Athletic, Watford (current) 2. True or false? Tomas Brolin has played as a goalkeeper in Swedish non-league football 3. Picture round Who’s been listening to Wham? 4. Team-mates Ray Wilkins, George Weah, Jay Jay Okocha, Gabriel Heinze and David Ginola have all played for which club? 5. The […]