1. Career path Wimbledon, Norwich City, Wigan Athletic, Watford (current) 2. True or false? Tomas Brolin has played as a goalkeeper in Swedish non-league football 3. Picture round Who’s been listening to Wham? 4. Team-mates Ray Wilkins, George Weah, Jay Jay Okocha, Gabriel Heinze and David Ginola have all played for which club? 5. The [...]
Three footballers, each one represented by a set of photo clues. Guess who they are (answers after the click). Lateral thinking requiredâ€¦ 1. 2. 3.
Another set of six devilishly difficult football questions, devised by your handsome quizmaster – that’s me btw. 1. Career path Tonnerre YaoundÃ©, Metz, Salernitana, Liverpool, West Ham, Lens, Galatasaray (current) 2. True or false? The 1994 World Cup is the highest-attended sporting event in United States history. 3. Picture round Who’s kissing the trophy? 4. [...]
Three footballers, each one crudely represented by a set of photo clues. Guess who they are (answers after the click)â€¦ 1. 2. 3. Answers after the clickâ€¦
1. Career path Piacenza, S.C. Leffe, Hellas Verona, Piacenza, Parma, Atalanta, Juventus, AC Milan (current) 2. True or false? Chelsea’s stadium, Stamford Bridge, is not located in the London borough of Kensington and Chelsea 3. Picture round Who’s having a laugh? 4. Team-mates Dan Petrescu, Mark Hughes, Kevin Keegan and Eyal Berkovic have all played [...]
1. Career path Seven Stars, Ajax Cape Town, Ajax, Celta Vigo, Porto, Blackburn Rovers (current)? 2. True or false? David Beckham once played for Preston North End? 3. Picture round Who’s with his WAG? 4. Team-mates Karel Poborsky, Stefan Schwarz, Claudio Caniggia, Pierre Van Hooijdonk and Rui Costa have all played for which club? 5. [...]
It’s back! Three footballers, each one crudely represented by a set of photo clues. Guess who they are (answers after the click)â€¦ 1. 2. 3.
1. Career path Rangers, Coventry City, Dundee Utd, Hearts, Celtic (current)? 2. True or false? Kevin ‘The Messiah’ Keegan’s first name is actually Joseph. 3. Picture round Who can’t hear you? (Click to enlarge) 4. Team-mates Enzo Scifo, Roberto Carlos, Gabriel Batistuta, Mikael Silvestre and Robbie Keane have all played for which club? 5. The [...]
1. Career path Perugia, Glasgow Rangers, Salernitana, AC Milan (current)? 2. True or false? Ryan Giggs has been mentioned in an episode of The Simpsons. 3. Picture round Who’s the boy wonder? (click to enlarge) 4. Team-mates Ray Houghton, Iain Dowie, Tomas Brolin and Mikael Forssell all played for which club? 5. The fixture Which [...]
BRISTOL CITY to beat Middlesbrough City are tough to beat at home and ‘Boro have no form right now. This looks like the most obvious ‘upset’ of the third round. Not that it would be a massive upset, mind. SPURS vs READING to be goal CRAZY! You want goals? You got ‘em with this fixture, [...]
Welcome to the first FFQ of 2008. Slightly new format for the quiz, cause we like to keep things fresh at Pies. Can you answer all six of these teasers?
Career path Coventry City, Vasco da Gama, LA Galaxy (current)?
True or false? Gazza’s pop single ‘Fog on the Tyne’ reached No.1 in the charts.
Welcome to the Pies’ Festive Fiendish Friday Quiz. It’s a bumper edition, with more fiendishly difficult questions than ever to keep you occupied as you count down the hours before you get to leave work for the Christmas breakâ€¦ 1 Slavia Prague, Borussia Dortmund, Liverpool, Portsmouth, Aston Villa (current). Whose career? 2 Which English team [...]
1 SC Braga, Benfica, Chelsea, Lyon, Juventus (current). Whose career?
2 Blackburn’s Christopher Samba plays for which international team?
3 Which is the smallest stadium (in terms of capacity) in the Premier League?
4 Georgi Kinkladze, John Harkes, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Archie Gemmill, Peter Shilton: what links them?
5 Picture round. Who’s this?
Guess the three footballers from each set of picture clues (click to enlarge)â€¦ EASY MEDIUM HARD
1 Hartlepool United, Liverpool, West Ham, Sheffield United, Everton, Sunderland, West Ham, Millwall, Coventry City, Luton Town (current). Whose career? 2 Only two players have scored for both Liverpool and Everton in the Merseyside derby. David Johnson and who else? 3 Sports Minister Richard Caborn supports which English club? 4 At what stage of the [...]
Guess the three footballers from each set of picture clues:
1 Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, Crystal Palace (current). Whose career? 2 Who played for England at least once every year for 15 consecutive years, a record for any England player? 3 Who were the first English team to win a European trophy since the Heysel disaster in 1985? 4 What do Lucas Neill, Sam Allardyce, [...]
1 Partizan, Aston Villa, Real Zaragoza, Parma AC, Osasuna, Toronto FC (currently there on trial). Whose career? 2 Benelucky was the official mascot at which major football tournament? 3 What links Tomas Brolin, Hidetoshi Nakata, Tino Asprilla, Hernan Crespo, Lilian Thuram and Hristo Stoichkov? 4 Just one Scottish player was named in Pele’s ’100 Greatest [...]
I hope you’re getting the hang of this by now. If not, then check out the previous weeks’ Teasers. EASY MEDIUM HARD
1 Bolton Wanderers, Celtic, Everton, Sunderland, Everton (current). Whose career? 2 Tim Cahill’s younger brother Chris is the captain of which national football team? 3 The ‘Bushwackers’ hooligan firm are famously affiliated to which English club? 4 What links Gabriel Heinze, Ronaldinho, Jaj Jay Okocha, George Weah, Ossie Ardiles and Ray Wilkins? 5 Picture round. [...]
It’s simple â€“ guess the footballer from each set of devious picture clues. Lateral thinking is required. (If that makes no sense, check out last week’s Teaser to get the gist of it.) 1 2 3 Answers belowâ€¦
The FFQ usually consists of just six fiendish questions. However, I’m now expanding it to ten fiendish questions. Translation: It’s bigger and more fiendish than ever. Enjoyâ€¦ 1 Banfield, River Plate, Feyenoord, Bologna, Inter (current). Whose career? 2 Which Premier League striker’s first name translates as ‘The king loves me’? 3 What relation is ‘Sir’ [...]
I know that many of you love the Fiendish Friday Quiz, so I’ve decided to beef up the quiz content on Pies by introducing a Tuesday Teaser, which will appear, as if by magic, every Tuesday. Simply look at the three sets of photo clues and name the footballer each refers to (click each image [...]
1 AtlÃ©tico Paranaense, Manchester United, Besiktas, Flamengo (current). Whose career? 2 At the 2002 World Cup, which coach gave each of his players a copy of Sun Tze’s The Art of War? 3 Picture round. Who’s the angry young manager? 4 During his playing career, in which position did Sven-Goran Eriksson play? 5 How many [...]