First Photos: Steve McClaren Officially Unveiled As Nott’m Forest Boss

16th, June 2011

Under skies of clearest blue, Nottingham Forest have just this very morning officially unveiled Steve McClaren as their new manager – and we’ve got the pictures to damn-well prove it…

“It schure is schuper to be here at the Schity Ground”

Photos: PA

Posted in Championship

1. Veej says:

Uh Oh! Not good going….all the best tho Forrest! How you liking this Chris?

2. Chris says:

@Veej: To be honest, at first I felt a little nonplussed, but I’ve slowly come to realise that we’ve actually pulled off a bit of a coup with McClaren’s appointment.

Quite what more he’ll be able to milk from our fairly weak, naive and ridiculously over-achieving squad is another thing!

3. Nick says:

I see that we’ve released McKenna, which I’m not unduly surprised or concerned about. He gave us a certain sense of calm and positional awareness, but his legs looked gone to me. I can’t see Earnshaw re-signing either, as he’s being a bit of a greedy bugger at the moment, and has a slightly over inflated opinion of himself.
    All that means is that McClaren is going to have to get busy! We’re going to need a good 5 players I reckon just to give us a squad capable of lasting a season, and depending on how good they are, mounting a serious challenge. Cheeky bid for Reo-Coker anyone?

4. Bet365 says:

Welcome to Forest Steve. First job = change your shoes.

5. Newcassel says:

Tell him to look in the bargain bin at St James Park… oops sorry @ St James Park

6. Anonymous says:

look at them shoes!

7. Joe says:

Shirt and face almost same colour. You wonder why he keeps signing for red-shirted clubs… In any case, good appointment no matter what the Ingurrlund fools shout-You try convincing Frank Lampard to lay of the Ben and Jerry’s before judging him for that. He did a fantastic job at Twente and would have been a decent appointment at Fulham or Villa (better than McLeish anyway), so should shine in the Champs. Forrest will go up this year.