By Chris Wright
A big well done to all the participants in The Weird And Wonderful Wednesday Quiz – some good scores despite some tough questions.
As always, you can click here for yesterday’s answers.
A hearty handshake goes to David Macbeth for his match-winning 7/10 effort, but special congratulations must go out to Bogdan for correctly guessing the club badge – how you got that one I’ll never know.
Anywho, without further ado, here are today’s ten puzzlers…
1. Bayer Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Rangers, Sunderland, Man City, Red Bull New York (retired) – Whose career? CLAUDIO REYNA
2. Can you fill in the missing name? (Bonus point available for getting the connection)
– Luis Fernandez
– Joel Bats
– Ricardo Gomez
– ARSENE WENGER
– Vincente Del Bosque
(LINK: NICOLAS ANELKA’S FIRST FIVE MANAGERS)
3. Who holds the record for the quickest Premier League hat-trick (from kick-off)? DWIGHT YORKE (22 MINS)
4. Which country did Ruel Fox represent at full international level? MONTSERRAT
5. Can you name the mystery PSG man hiding behind Sinead O’Connor? LEONARDO
6. Can you name the two Australians with Premier League winners medals? ROBBIE SLATER AND MARK BOSNICH
7. Which current Premier League manager has the most international caps? ALEX McLEISH (77 SCOTLAND CAPS)
8. This is the detail of which club’s crest? FC DEN BOSCH
9. Who scored the last Premier League goal of the 20th century and for which club? JODY MORRIS (CHELSEA)
10. Can you name the club responsible for this particular pearler? MSV DUISBERG
CONGRATS GO TO KEITH FOR HIS MATCH-WINNING 8/10 SCORE, AND TO MIZMAN FOR CORRECTLY GUESSING THE MYSTERY PLAYER.