By Chris Wright
After the roaring 99.9% success rate we enjoyed with our bold ‘n’ brassy predictions for last year’s 2013/14 Premier League season (not that you need to check our claim, but they’re available to peruse here ) we thought it would be only fair to come at you with another round of peerlessly informed clairvoyance for this upcoming year.
Without further ado, let’s plough in…
1. Chelsea will win the 2014/15 Premier League title. Yes, it’ll be super boring, but that squad looks impenetrably formidable. Put it this way: if the Blues don’t snag the biggy this time round, it’ll be a huge failure on Jose Mourinho’s part.
2. Liverpool will not finish in the top four. Brendan’s group reached their absolute zenith last season. No Suarez, no party.
3. The top four will be, in order: Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal (of course!).
4. Tottenham are going to struggle. New manager; new system; lop-sided, unbalanced squad; most of 2013’s higgledy piggledy signings still playing catch-up. Looks like a recipe for trouble at t’ mill.
Also, as Spurs’ record signing, Erik Lamela needs to pull his finger out this season, asap.
5. The top goalscorer will be: Stefan Jovetic is a dark horse after a injury-blighted maiden season at Man City last year, but as we’ve been silly and publicly backed him to stutter at Chelsea, this one’s almost definitely got Diego Costa’s name all over it!
6. First managerial casualty: West Ham’s perennial fan favourite manager, Corpulent Samuel,