1. Portugal were flattered by the score, but they deserved the win. They are a pleasure to watch in attack.
2. Having said that, the Czech Republic exposed a few defensive frailties which could cost Portugal in the latter stages.
3. David Pleat has reworked Eastern European history and politics to qualify the Republic of Czechoslovakia for Euro 2008.
4. A photographer behind Petr Cech’s goal in the first-half was sitting to close to a microphone. Every cross was accompanied by more shutter clicks than David Beckham delivering a keynote speech on the role of photography in modern society at a Fujifilm convention.
5. Cristiano Ronaldo – unselfishly passing to team-mates in one-on-one situations. Whatever next?