1. So, so close. The Italians – the World Champions – were on the brink of elimination.
2. They can thank Gianluigi Buffon that they are still clinging on by the skin of their teeth – so good he saved the penalty twice!
3. I expect a few people will be scrutinising Roberto Donadoni’s extended contract this morning and looking for some get out clauses in the smallprint.
4. You would have got pretty good odds on Holland and Romania being the top two in the Group of Death after two games.
5. Italy v France is massive. Huge. It was always going to be big, but it is now a hyped-up, all-action, must-win, loser-is-out, winner-might-be-out-too clash of Sky Sports proportions.