1. Hallelujah, Greece have gone! Banished for crimes against football.
2. Russia would convert more chances if the had a strike partnership of Gary and Phil Nevillov. How many chances did their attackers waste?
3. In the words of Jonathan Pearce, Antonis Nikopolidis “had a nightmare”. Shaky all night and handed Russia the open goal they required to actually find the net.
4. Lightning doesn’t strike twice. Greece might be reigning champions, but they were never contenders.
5. Sweden will be favourites going into the deciding group match. They have shown more promise than the Russians so far.