Roy Hodgson Has Left Liverpool ‘By Mutual Consent’

8th, January 2011

Liverpool have posted an update on their official website to confirm that Roy Hodgson has left the club ‘by mutual consent’ and that Kenny Dalglish has been put in temporary charge for Sunday’s third-round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Hodgson himself has posted a statement on the site:

“Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans.

“Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career. I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club

Posted in Liverpool

1. Jon M says:

This is great news King Kenny for the rest of the season, this desision had to come today.

2. takeru says:

fuck you john! why you sack my beloved roy! bastard american!

3. owen says:

I think he had to go but Dalglish is not the man for the job, he will lead us into bigger trouble, he’s not cut out for modern day football management. I now seriosuly fear for the clubs premier league status. They should have had a more solid idea of what was going to happen before letting roy go.

4. PhilandoTorres says:

At the risk of sounding like a cold-hearted Mafia type – it had to be done.

The next few months will probably be spent trying to woo Owen Coyle.

5. Jon says:

I love Woy, but I can’t help fearing a Keegan-esque situation happening where we end up finishing even lower than this. Lets hope we can get a good leftback and maybe another striker in the transfers, although I’m not too hopeful.

6. tom says:

bad move gettin rid of him now.looks like the new yank in town dosent wanna spend in jan.dont think kenny wil get money to spend if hes only there til may.if the owners buy the players a new manager comes in and has a choice,play them??? or job???

7. Hmmm says:

In my opinion, recently liverpool fans have been acting incredibly fickle. The team does bad – get rid of the owners, the team does worse – get rid of the manager. Perhaps it’s the players that are either not gelling or simply past their prime.

8. TravisKOP says:

wow, a little saddened that it came to this cuz as much of a blowhard that he is i like Roy hodgson. Gotta love kenny tho so we’ll see what happens, but its a dam shame hes leaving in these conditions

9. dc says:

Hodgson -> Fulham, por favor

10. James says:

Hmmm, we’d been calling for the owners heads for years – if you can’t see the damage they’ve done to Liverpool, then well, that shows your lack of knowledge.

And we never wanted a mediocre manager like him to begin with.