Snapshot: Adam Johnson Poses With Man City Shirt

Ollie Irish

2nd, February 2010

By Ollie Irish

PA-8307125-(1)

New Man City signing Adam Johnson poses at Eastlands after sealing an £8m move from Middlesbrough. I feel sorry for Boro fans that they have lost their brightest young star, but a Prem club was always likely to call for Johnson, a tricky, two-footed winger in the mould of predecessor Stewart Downing.

But will Johnson get anywhere near City’s glittering first team? I doubt it, save for the odd substitute appearance. And at 22, it’s not like he’s a raw teenager. So, in short, I’m not sure this is the right move for young Adam – it’s a move that reminds me of Scott Parker’s ill-fated move to Chelsea.

Do you think Johnson will be a hit at Eastlands?

Posted in Man City, Photos

1. daveyparkender says:

Will he give a monkeys now he has at least 4 times the wages he was on at the Boro? We had a goalkeeper who went to Chelsea for “footballing reasons” & is 3rd choice, never played yet, might not have played for a 2nd or 3rd team yet, might not ever play for Celsea!!
    Saved for a rainy day when the Quotas get inspected!!
    Just pleased Jonno went to a northern club. Could of went to London, big city, bright lights, streets are paved with litter & shyte!!

2. Ken says:

cheer up davey. somewhere over the rainbow skies are red.

(I sent fergie to investigate in this spoof – it may cheer you up?)

3. Simeon says:

Adam Johnson will get played at man city, bellers & wrighty are always injured and i think it was a good move for city and Johnson !!

4. Jordan-Luke says:

adam johnson has been amazin although he only played 1 full 90 mins he got us a penny v bolton and i think in 2 years, he can conten over Theo Walcott for the wing, or whoeva plays there, I not arsed about England!!!!! CITY TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! BBBBLLLUUUEEE MMMMOOOOOOOONNNNNN……… lol :-)

5. Boro Bob says:

Ha ha, how wrong you were to think young Adam would not feature for Manchester City and that you also thought that this was a wrong move for him. Just about to be selected by Capello for the World Cup too..

6. […] MORE Which Three Man Utd Players Must Alex Ferguson Sell This Summer? Yeah, I got this one wrong […]

7. marc says:

thanks to mancini, adam johnson has been a hit at man city. and no1 really would have thought that. the guy has a bright future ahead of him. :)

8. peart says:

how do u feel now…..u definitely got this one wrong dude….wat a kick in the ass

9. V says:

I think he’s as two-footed as a one-legged man.