We’ve teamed up with McDonald’s, the official Community Partner of the FA, to offer two children between the ages of 7 and 11 years old, the chance to become a McDonald’s Player Escort and walk out with Manchester’s football stars at Wembley Stadium on 7th August at The FA Community Shield, sponsored by McDonald’s.
This year’s match will be a Manchester derby which will see bitter rivals Manchester United and Manchester City go head to head in this competition for the first time since 1956. All eyes will be on the Red Devils as they look to secure their 14th Community Shield victory against current FA Cup holders Manchester City, who will be wanting to kick-start the new season with a win and a trophy under their belts.
This once-in-a lifetime experience gives youngsters the chance to walk out with some of the Premiership’s biggest stars. The prize includes tickets to the match for the player escort and their parent/guardian, a goody bag, replica shirt and shorts and a contribution towards travel expenses on the day.
McDonald’s has been the Community Partner of the FA since 2002 and aims to create more football opportunities for all. Since the partnership was formed McDonald’s has created over 20,000 qualified football coaches, offering 2 million hours of free, quality football to young players across the UK.
Geoff Hurst, McDonald’s Director of Football, said:
“This year’s FA Community Shield looks set to be a great match. I’m sure we’ll see lots of passion on and off the pitch from the players and the fans, and it will be a great experience for the youngsters who get to walk out with teams. I’m looking forward to a good game of football and I wish everyone who enters the competition the very best of luck!”
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, answer the following question:
Q: Who scored the winning goal in the 2010 FA Community Shield, sponsored by McDonald’s?
Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put ‘McDonalds comp’ in the subject field.)
Terms & conditions: The closing date is midnight (GMT) on Friday 29th July 2011.
1. Rules: Please note that, in addition to these Provisions, entrants are bound by both the Promoter’s [terms and conditions] at the whoateallthepies.tv for the competition and the Supplemental Rules For Third Party Promotions Featuring Football-Themed Prizes Supplied By McDonald’s (“General Rules”) at www.mcdonalds.co.uk/policies/football-terms-and-conditions.shtml.
2. Participants: Must be 18 and over and UK resident and a parent or guardian of the child wanting to receive a place as a player escort.
3. Duration of Promotion: Enter the Promotion between 26 and 28 July inclusive.
4. Entry Criteria: Answer a question correctly to be entered in to a draw for a chance to win.
5. Conditions of entry: Limit of one entry per person.
6. How to Submit your Entry: Entries to be submitted via email. No other method of entry will be accepted.
7. Prizes: The prize pool consists of two prizes each of: 1 player escort place at the 2011 FA Community Shield on Sunday 7th August for a child aged 7 – 11 at time of match, including 1 match tickets and a player escort strip as well as a contribution towards travel costs. A parent/guardian must sign liability release, certification and publicity-consent forms as well as undertaking to accompany the player escort.
8. Prize Awards: Winning entrants will be notified by email and should be contactable no later than Friday 29th July. Prize notification will be sent by email to the address registered at time of entry. If the winner cannot be contacted by telephone before 13:00 on 3rd August, an alternative winner will be selected.
9. General: Winners will be required for promotional and media activity in relation to this promotion and other related McDonald’s football activities, including facilitating the publication of press releases, editorial and photographs on the UK websites of the Promoter, McDonald’s, and The FA, winners’ local media and in McDonald’s UK restaurants.
10. Promoter’s Details: Who Ate All the Pies c/o 5a Goodge Place,
London W1T 4SD