Remember on Tuesday evening? When Benoit Assou-Ekotto very nearly carved Franco Di Santo’s leg in twain with a disgusting, over-the-ball leg-breaker of a horror tackle?

A tackle, it’s perhaps worth noting, that apparently didn’t merit any form of punishment for BAE from either the referee at the time (as the blood sopped through the Argentine’s sock) or the FA’s disciplinary committee? This stomach-churner…

“Couldn’t have been that bad,” I hear you cry. “The FA would have banned Assou-Ekotto if it was,” I hear you add in addendum.

To that end, I present you with Exhibit A; the photo Di Santo has since posted on his Facebook page – showing the full extent of his mangled shin after the game.

Be warned. ‘Tis a bloody aftermath and not for the eyes of those who can’t get through an episode of Holby City without parting ways with their lunch. In short, it ain’t pretty…

Yeesh. Benoit? You’re a lucky, lucky boy.

Image: Wigan Today

By Chris on February 3rd, 2012 in Injuries, Tottenham Hotspur, Wigan Athletic. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
comments

12 Responses to “Franco Di Santo Posts Grizzly Photo Of Mangled Leg After ‘That’ Assou-Ekotto Horror Tackle”

1. Rob says:

Yuck, it made me feel like throwing up, the cut looks quite bad too, sorry I was looking at the hairy legs. Enough to bring tears to Nani’s eyes.

2. Gaz says:

I didnt watch thh match, but was that in the 8th minute? If so well done to him for playing on (he got subbed of in teh 70th minute)

3. SL says:

Players wear shin pads that look like they are designed for a 6 year old.

The ones I had protected the whole of the shin bone, the ankle bone and the achilles. But they seem to thin tiny pads and paper thin boots are more important than stopping a broken foot or leg.

I would have had several broken bones if I wore the equipment they wear.

4. Dan says:

Looks like a winking face ;)

5. Pkhakheria says:

Just think , that could have been Nani’s leg?! , oh the humanity

6. Archbihop Betty Snagcock says:

@no hooligan: trolololol

7. Scott says:

I like that the defense against the tackle was that “he wasn’t wearing good enough shin guards”, as if that’s some sort of reason that a stomp on someone’s shin is acceptable.

8. AFC4EVA says:

First an undercut on Sagna that would make JOEY PORTER blush, now this? I hope that little piece of shit gets it BAD when the scum come to The Emirates! As for the disciplinary action, as you all know with the changing kickoff times, ESPN now owns the EPL. Guess who the SOB who runs the evil four letter network supports?

9. WildScotsman6 says:

tackle was horrible and should be punished, but the injury and posting photos of it n’ that.. c’mon. I’ve seen worse Pub-league injuries, and they won’t moan about it either.

10. Sam says:

@WildScotsman6 But he gets payed £££ to be fit and healthy, the blokes in the pub-leagues don’t…

11. Asensativeguy says:

To be fair if I don’t leave the pitch without a bit of blood on my leg I feel like a nonse. As for taking pictures of it, is that a tampon and sex and the city box set I see in the background?