Jose Mourinho Tells Steven Gerrard He’s ‘At The Wrong Club’

25th, August 2010

REAL Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has warned Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard that he may have to leave the club if he is serious about winning trophies.

Mourinho is a known admirer of Gerrard, but has been put off in his pursuit by Liverpool’s £30 million valuation along with the 30-year-old England international advancing years.

The Portuguese coach is quoted in The Mirror as saying;

“Gerrard for me is not in the right club. They have problems. They will not win anything. I do not know why Gerrard has stayed so long at Liverpool. He is very loyal. I watched him against Hungary. The best player on the pitch. I like him a lot. A leader. I admire him.”

He only. seems to talk. in short. abrupt. sentences. doesn’t he?

Mourinho also admitted that he is still keeping tabs on many of his former Chelsea players, and has designs on signing them up for Real if the relevant deals can be struck;

“I admire Ashley [Cole], who I know

Posted in Liverpool, Real Madrid, Transfers & Rumours

1. Havant Red says:

Mourinho and Blatter seam to have gone to the same public speaking coach they both just spout trash about subjects they seem to know very little about.

Gerrard is at the right club for him! and how much more would it mean winning trophies with the club that have brought you up as a professional and that you have supported most of your life.

Mourinho has loyalty to no one but himself which is why he doesnt understand Gerrard’s reason for staying.

He’s a blerter

2. chimpo says:

Come back to the premiership Jose, we miss you

3. Tatum says:

Steven Gerrard is at the right club, he has Liverpool in his blood. Mesut Ozil is at the wrong club…can we swap him for Nani, Jose?

4. allie says:

it depends on gerrard’s definition of the “club for him”. anyway, he’s too loyal.

(the comment on the sentences made me take really short breaths for some reason)

5. Pablo says:

I believe Gerrard will stay at Liverpool for the rest of his career, not because he’s loyal, but because no one what’s the diving blurt. The simpleton stayed at Liverpool thinking things where on the up, oh how wrong he was? Liverpool are on a slippery slope to nowhere,and I’m loving it.

6. UsefGooner says:

Who the f*ck asked you? Giving you opinion on Liverpool and Arsenal .. FOCUS ON YOUR CLUB OLD MAN!

7. Mojo says:

WTF!!!
    “We are not shopping in a supermarket for groceries like Barcelona. I only want players who are great players or players I can make great.”

Thats total bullshit. Real Madrid only has a good team because they buy so many top players for such inflated prices. Barcelona has an amazing youth system and actually fields many of its youth prospects. Where as Madrid just buys a couple top players from around the world hoping that they will play well together.

8. ruben says:

MIND UR OWN BUSINESS FOCUS ON UR FAMILY PORTUGAL AND MADRID ONLY IN UK PEOPLE GIVE U IMPORTANCE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE U WOULD LIKE TO SEE U WIN TROPHY WITH TEAM LIKE PORTSMOUTH THEN U CAN CALL URSELF THE SPECIAL ONE AS FAR AS I KNOW RAFA WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THE FIRST YEAR IN ENGLAND RAFA 1 BIG MOUTH 0