As organised by a Danish bank, a ‘flash mob’ – and I squirm as I type those grizzly words – was assembled at Copenhagen Airport to serenade the Danish national squad with a surprise operatic rendition of their national anthem before boarding the plane to Euro 2012…

All together now:

“Oh Denmark, the hallowed land of our fathers.
We are the war-like fiends, sworn to shed the blood of our enemies.
Proud warriors all, ne’er a battle lost or shirked,
We dangle the innards of our slain foes on our mantelpieces with glee.
Beware, a Danish man is skilled with sword and bow,
If you make us eat Marmite, we’ll cut off the scalps of your children.”

Stirring stuff.

Video: Danske Bank

By Chris on June 5th, 2012 in Euro 2012, International football, Songs & Chants, Videos. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
comments

8 Responses to “Denmark Given Surprise Euro 2012 Send-Off, Operatic Flash Mob Perform National Anthem Serenade (Video)”

1. MaxMad says:

I shit you not, the kid with the glasses at 0:12 is my cousin, and was featured in the news, telling them about how he got Bendtners autograph.

2. Markell says:

My mentor at College is Danish, and she’s all types of awesome. This is too, and it does not surprise me!

3. Toz says:

Definitely more stirring than the same line over and over again…

“God Save the Queen…”

I mean was the English anthem written in a pub over a pint of lager?

4. Per says:

God, how I despise the danish.

5. Murray says:

One trumpeter, two singers, and four people unfurling a banner.

Less than ten people, altogether. The dullest so-called “flash mob” I’ve ever heard about.

6. Wesley says:

I always wonder… Everytime I see countries get to the airport before a world cup or so they have like these super small suit cases for like 3-4 weeks. What do they wear? Well probably clothing from the association, but one needs some fresh underpants right? And some soap maybe? Or do the literally get everything when they snap their fingers. ‘Hey Natasha, get me some bjorn borg underpants from the store will ya love? Size M, like 5 of ‘em, ty!’ Weir stuff.

7. Lyle says:

They’ve matured so much from their Viking days. Well done.

8. Si says:

Wasn’t the whole thing orchestrated by Dankse Bank?