We’ve already seen Poland’s OAP-laden official Euro 2012 anthem, but this here’s the masterpiece that UEFA have chosen to both soundtrack and encapsulate their footballing showpiece – ‘Endless Summer’ by something or someone called ‘Oceana’.

It’s tedious, trite Europap but, then again, did you really expect anything else? Pretty sure you could have a stab at humming it without ever having heard it before and still be about 90% right: ‘Time to get together, have a party, forget about the silly old racism, etc, etc, et-bleeding-cetera’…

Gah. It’s saying something, but we actually prefer the Polish grannies.

By Chris on June 8th, 2012 in Euro 2012, Songs & Chants, Videos. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
comments

10 Responses to “Official Euro 2012 Song: ‘Endless Summer’ By Oceana – The Masterpiece The Continent Is Crying Out For (Video)”

1. hug me says:

Interesting amount of black people in the video for two countries so heavily associated with racism. Trying to over-compensate much?

2. Toz says:

Apart from shots of stadiums and of a square she sings at, that doesn’t look like Europe at all…

3. Stay classy John Terry says:

Great now I’ll have to hear that garbage for 3 weeks

4. Davy says:

Thats fuckin wank!!

5. Alex says:

Glad to see all of the recent match footage.

6. Anonymous says:

about 2 white people in whole video

7. Ben says:

If I disliked it when I first heard it, now I utterly hate this Europop trash with all my soul. And can anyone please explain me why is this video alternating between scenes shot at the Caribbean with exclusively black people (aside from the blondie) and European squares without a single non-white soul at sight?

8. Tink says:

Ignorance is bliss!!! I think most of you need to be more educated on racism … most of you should watch that video again … and here is a little bit info on Oceana:
    “Oceana Mahlmann (born 23 January 1982 in Wedel near Hamburg, Germany) is a German singer of both ethnic German and Afro-Martiniquais descent.[1] She has musical roots in soul, reggae, hip-hop and funk. In March 2010, she finished sixth in the Polish version of Dancing with the Stars, with dance partner Przemysław Juszkiewicz. In May 2010, she hosted the TV show ARTE Lounge on the European channel Arte. That same month, the singer signed with Ultra Records and released her first single “Cry Cry” from Love Supply. She performs the official Euro 2012 song, “Endless Summer”.

9. Davidsayidka says:

Haha wot a song
    I lyk it n enjoy my self
    I believe Endless summer

10. devid says:

I lisen first time this song and this is my favrit song oceana is my big singer and i big fen oceana thank’s