Who Killed WBA Mascot Baggie Bird?

By Ollie Irish

Pies reader and West Brom fan Lisa Marshall writes to tell us how pissed off Baggies fans are that mascot Baggie Bird (pictured above) – undoubtedly one of the finest-figured mascots in English football – and his sidekick, Baggie Bird Junior, have been given a (totally unnecessary) makeover.

The new Baggie Birds:

That is a DISGRACE! They look more like Woody Woodpecker clones than authentic throstles. Very poor show, whoever is behind this.

So where is the real Baggie Bird? In a pie somewhere? Let’s hope not. If he’s been kidnapped, we’ll start a whip-round.

By Ollie Irish on November 30th, 2010 in Mascots, West Bromwich Albion. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
comments

11 Responses to “Who Killed WBA Mascot Baggie Bird?”

1. David says:

I happen to have seen the old baggie bird in the club shop

2. Baggees says:

Apparently the head and shoulders off the old Baggie Bird were recently seen at the Merry Hill Centre in Dudley..what have they done to him??!! The new Baggie bat chickens are no substitute – travesty!!

3. Probably taken out by a cowardly wolf.

4. albion54 says:

A disgrace, please, please bring back the REAL Baggie Bird. Looks more like a cockerel to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Greg says:

I have the original Baggie Birds autograph. I’ll start the bidding at £100 for the dearly departed.

6. Malk says:

The original Baggies Birds have been regenerated as Wagner and Wago

7. Ros says:

Heard that the REAL Baggie Birds have migrated south for the winter – if this freeze continues, I won’t be far behind them! BoingBoing!!

8. jojo says:

seems drogba was rapping about the mascot:

(never gets old)

9. gamblino says:

Wolfie battered them. a la Bristol… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6jxyhJAUcM

10. I designed,made and maintained the original Baggie birds.I was shown the new designs, quoted to make them, and was dumped by email in favour of some bigger manufacturer! This is all doing my bruised ego a power of good!!!

11. Ollie Irish says:

Angela, this is karma in your favour. The original Baggie rules OK! I especially love that the giant body makes the legs look birdlike. Ruined now.