1. So it’s not just England. Apparently Croatia can embarrass just about whoever they want!
2. There is something very infectious about a childishly overexcited football manager. You can’t help but root for Slaven Bilic, as his players will testify.
3. The favourites are not all they are cracked up to be. I still expect them to make the knockout stages easily enough, but the likes of Holland and Portugal will be delighted by what they saw.
4. Marcell Jansen will not start against Austria. If ever anyone needed taking out of the firing line it would be Jansen.
5. The referee was determined to become the star of the show by the end. Bastian Schweinsteiger shouldn’t have raised his hands (I blame the Alan Smith hair), but a yellow card would have sufficed. After that he couldn’t keep his cards away for the last few minutes.
Tonight’s betting from our mates at Betclick. For a free Â£10 bet click here.
It is le crunch. It is mama mia. Eek. Bet Holland to beat France 2-0. Â£10 pays Â£90. Back Romania to draw 1-1 with Italy. Bet Â£10 win Â£55