Reports: Everton Are Still Paying 90% Of Ronald Koeman’s Wages Despite Him Not Being Everton Manager Any More

Chris Wright

29th, March 2018

1 Comment

Embed from Getty Images

Everton are reportedly still paying the vast majority of Ronald Koeman’s wages, despite the Dutchman having been sacked by the club back in October.

Koeman was dismissed just four months into a three-year contract that saw him become the 10th highest paid coach in world football on a salary of £6million per year.

The Liverpool Echo have it that, due to a severance clause that was negotiated as part of Koeman’s exit, Everton must continue to maintain his income for a designated period of time in the form of compensation payments.

The 55-year-old has since taken over as the head coach of the Netherlands national side, a role he accepted in February.

However, as the KNVB gig pays roughly 10% of what he was on at Goodison, the Toffees are contractually contractually obliged to make up the other 90%.

The Echo also mention that Everton are “infuriated” that the aforementioned details made it into the public realm, and are currently seeking legal advice.

This from the same club who ended up having to pay off the final three months of Roberto Martinez contract (roughly £11million) when they pulled the plug on him back in 2016, less than two years after handing over a massive five-year deal after just one season in charge.

All that bloody money and not the slightest clue what to do with it.