In which, over in the Copa Libertadores last night, Vasco da Gama substitute Nilton leaves a set of fresh stud marks on the back of Alianza Lima defender Giancarlo Carmona’s head with a fearful flying stamp.

Seven minutes after coming on, Nilton was thankfully relieved of his duties with a swift red card…

Video: 101GG

By Chris on April 4th, 2012 in FAIL, Hardmen, Injuries, South America, Videos. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
comments

13 Responses to “Vasco’s Nilton Sent Off After Seven Minutes For Brutal Flying Stamp To Back Of Opponent’s Head (Video)”

1. tendon not is says:

Im probably gonna be blasted for saying this but once he cleared the ball the only direction hi foot could go in is down. I dont think it was a deliberate stamp. Unfortunate and prob red worthy just for the fact he made contact with the guys head, but all he does is kick the ball away. Just my 2 pesos..

2. Jeepers says:

@tendon I agree, he was going in hard but it wasn’t a ‘brutal flying stamp’. Chris Wright does have the desire to sensationalise most things in football.

3. zack says:

I agree the only way was down but was that much emphasis needed to slice a ball away. i dont think it was. He flew in at it when there was no need whatsoever and that added to it.

4. Mr. Sparkle says:

I think that’s a season long ban to be honest. Nothing short of it.

It’s just like putting your head down and sticking it out when heading the ball away when it’s too low; the play is dangerous and should be stamped out of the game. (I’ve seen a kid who broke his neck doing that at an amateur sunday league game). So yes, that’s a red card for stupidity that knows no bounds, whether or not it was deliberate doesn’t matter.

5. Miguel - NYC says:

This guy must have learned from Pepe.

6. WildScotsman6 says:

I’m half and half here… yeah it was cleared in the one direction his boot could go, but I have a strong feeling he knew what he was doing. A pro has much better control of his feet than that. Red Card.

7. tendon not is says:

@Mr. Sparkle so if i understand u right, the guy who put his head down low to head the ball was being dangerous and he should be red carded/ banned for the season? This is just like john terry last season where he got smacked in the face while heading the ball and got knocked out.
    The dude was kicking the damn ball away and his foot had to come back down. As zack pointed out, it was a little over-exuberant and he did make contact with his face but calling it a fearful flying stamp or calling for a season long ban is a tad excessive.

8. V says:

How can you say this wasn’t deliberate.

9. Mr. Sparkle says:

It’s stupid that’s why, kids try it out (like I’ve said I’ve seen it on more than one occassion and even performed by my friends; and one time it had resulted in a broken spine. The kid doesn’t walk to this day). Stupid moves such as that should be punishable; only than will people learn not to do them.

10. Nuno says:

@Mr Sparkle
    His head was low because he was tripped by the other guy. And the ref had blown waaaay before the kick to the head, he had no reason to go in flying like that, it had just malice in it, one of the most obvious red cards you’ll see in a while.

11. Dick Naylor says:

To me it looks like a deliberate act that Nilto tries to mask as incidental. He clearly whiffs at the ball because he was busy focusing on crushing Carmona with his follow through (which he did a pretty shitty job at I must add). That clown deserved red.

12. Mr. Sparkle says:

Well in this case he was tripped up but I’ve seen players heading the ball when they should have used their feet, I agree otherwise.

13. jjautonomous says:

Well, at least it’s not Amurrikkkunt football, where injuring players IS the goal.