By Chris Wright
The interminable dancing and utterly pointless cavalcade of ‘together as one’ yadda yadda yadda-ing is finally over, the new Adidas Tango matchball has been rolled out and looks glorious (more on that later) and, as an aside to the entire carnival of shite, UEFA’s all-important balls of destiny have been drawn from the hat of fate in Kiev.
The four groups for the 2012 European Championships in Ukraine and Poland will be as follows…
Group A: Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Russia
Group B: Holland, Denmark, Portugal, Germany
Group C: Spain, Italy, Croatia, Republic of Ireland
Group D: Ukraine, Sweden, France, England
Initial thoughts: Group A looks rubbish, Group B looks beautiful, Group C looks like too much for Ireland and Group D looks like England will play Sweden at a major tournament…again.
Bang! See you in 189 days.
Any thoughts on the draw folks? I mean other than it being physical painful to sit through.
* * * * *
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE. Strange question, but do you fancy winning the actual UEFA balls (and paper slips) drawn from the Group B pot?
Provided you don’t ask us how we got our hands on them, you could win yourself a little bit of football history simply by answering the following question correctly…
Q: What was the name of the Adidas match ball that was used when the highest total of goals were scored at a UEFA European Championships?
Send your answers to us firstname.lastname@example.org (with ‘UEFA Balls’ in the subject field) and we’ll select a winner at random from the correct replies when the competition closes at midnight (GMT) on Monday 5th December, 2011.
Terms & Conditions…
- – The representative’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- – The winner agrees not to sell, offer to sell or use the prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the prize on an internet auction site).
- – By entering, you agree that if you are chosen as the prize winner, you will allow the Promoters and their partners to use your name, face-book ID, photograph, video, voice recording and general location for its publicity promotional and news purposes during this and any future competitions, promotions or advertising in any and all media in relation to the adidas brand and products including publishing your name ID and the fact you won on www.adidas.com
- – By entering into the competition you acknowledge and agree that all rights in the ownership of copyright in any imagery created in relation to the competition (individually and collectively the “material”) shall vest in the Promoters. As such, you hereby assign to the Promoters all past, present and future copyright (including by way of present assignment of future rights) and all other rights (including all intellectual property rights and all rights of syndication) in the Material, throughout the World in perpetuity.
- – Further, to the extent that the benefit of such rights can not be assigned under applicable law, then you acknowledge that such rights are held and exercisable for the sole benefit of the Promoters and hereby waive and undertake not to assert any and all so-called “moral rights” to the same.
- – The Promoters reserve the right to change, alter or withdraw the competition or any prize at any time.
- – No purchase is necessary for entry of the Competition and purchase will not increase chances of winning.
- – To the maximum extent permitted by the law, the Promoters shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of the prize.
- – The Promoters will use the information which you provide or which they obtain from their dealings with you, to administer the competition.
- – The Promoters also wish to use it to tell you about our products and offers, and for market research.
- – The Promoters will not pass on the information to partners or third parties. If you agree for the Promoters to use your information for these purposes, then please indicate this by ticking the relevant box on the entry form.
- – If any of these terms and conditions are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- – The Competition is void where prohibited by law.This promotion is run in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- – This competition is organized by We Are Social of 1 St John’s Square, London, EC1M 4PN. Promoters: We Are Social