By Chris Wright
Right! You ‘orrible lot got off lightly yesterday but today’s batch of footballing brainteasers are a little tougher. As ever, leave your answers in the comments box below…
Click here for yesterday’s answers. Congrats to Morgan for his full-mark display!
Here’s today’s questions…
NOW WITH ANSWERS!
1. Dobrudzha, Litex Lovech, West Ham, Portsmouth, Wigan, Charlton, Litex Lovech (current) – Whose career? SVETOSLAV TODOROV
2. Fill in the missing name:
1979 – Sunderland
1980 – BROOKING (winning goalscorers in the FA Cup final)
1981 – Villa
3. Can you name three Liverpool players (either past or present) who have won the Premier League title? PAUL INCE (MAN UTD), NICOLAS ANELKA (ARSENAL), GLEN JOHNSON (CHELSEA) and KENNY DALGLISH (BLACKBURN)
4. About whom did Sir Alex Ferguson quip – “If he was an inch taller he’d be the best centre half in Britain. His Dad is 6’2″, so I’d check the milkman”? GARY NEVILLE
5. Which ex-Gunner has come dressed as Korean tyrant Kim Jong-Il? GLENN HELDER
6. Which player has amassed the most England caps without ever playing at either the old or new Wembley (not including caps won before the original stadium was opened in 1923)? DANNY MILLS (19 CAPS)
7. Who was Britain’s first £2 million player? MARK HUGHES
8. This is the detail of which club’s crest? BOTAFOGO
9. Which English league side plays it’s home games closest to the River Mersey? STOCKPORT COUNTY
10. To which club does this spectacular effort belong? BIRMINGHAM CITY
CONGRATS TO PHIL FOR HIS MATCH WINNING 9/10 SCORE!