1. What an excellent game. End-to-end action, plenty of excitement and plenty of goals.
2. I was preparing to hail Arjen Robben’s dramatic strike from a tight angle as the pick of the goals, but then Wesley Sneijder produced that piece of magic.
3. Time for Lilian Thuram to go to the glue factory, I reckon. His once effortless cool, composed defending and superb positioning has deserted him.
4. Au revoir, Raymond Domenech. He has some er, interesting selection ideas and they have all backfired in this tournament.
5. Holland were being slated in the run up to the tournament, but they have now escaped from the Group of Death and look like they could go all the way.