1. What a fantastic match (what we saw of it at least). The comeback kids were out-comebacked in the end. But Turkey deserved to make the final against a very poor German outfit.
2. It’s sod’s law that the ‘world feed’ of the France-Romania game wasn’t lost, but this exciting semi-final was punctuated by power cuts.
3. It was a tale of two poor goalkeepers. Rustu Recber has been an accident waiting to happen (and happen again) since he made his bow against Croatia, and Jens Lehmann was absolutely woeful. Terrible.
4. Philipp Lahm might consider a move into midfield, or even up front. He defended like a five-year-old but scored one and made one. Some of his defensive colleagues should consider giving up playing in any position!
5. Commiserations to Fatih ‘Arbuckles’ Terim. That crazy coach really lit up the tournament. It was unfortunate to see him and his team go home, and equally unfortunate to see him get punched on the nose in the celebrations of Turkey’s second goal.