West Brom Appoint Roy Hodgson As Head Coach

11th, February 2011

Well bugger me! Just when it looked like former Chris Hughton was all but set to make a return to top-flight management , West Brom have gone and announced the appointment of Roy Hodgson as their new head coach instead.

A statement posted on the club’s official website reads:

“West Bromwich Albion are delighted to announce they have appointed Roy Hodgson as the club’s

Posted in West Bromwich Albion

1. Greg says:

Delighted. I thought Hodgson was unfairly treated at Liverpool and not given enough time, although some of his tactical decisions didn’t help. He was just the wrong man at the wrong time. Hopefully he can channel the same sort of spirit and form he showed at Fulham.
    I just can’t believe that West Brom fans are already disappointed at this appointment. I seriously don’t know what they expect from a yo-yo club, with limited resources and in an unfashionable part of the country. It’s just pathetic and naive at times. I’ve never known a football team like it. I’m not sure what sort of hypnosis act Di Matteo pulled on season ticket holders but it’s seemed to have done the trick.

GOOD LUCK WOY!!!

2. Anonymous says:

I have no idea how not playing an ulta defensive 4-4-2 long ball game with players in the wrong positions/Paul Konchesky/Not spending most the season around the relegation zone count as ‘monolithic expectations’.

3. Chris says:

hey’re already calling it West Bwom.

4. Baggees says:

From looking at the msge boards WBA fans are pretty happy with Woy if a little shocked at an odd 24hrs… It so looked as if it was gonna be CH’s job. A man many of us would have been happy to see in the role. Yesterday we were having a love in with NUFC fans today the LFC fans have been venting.. Oh well thanks RdiM and good luck to uncle woy! Welcome to the joy that is West Bromwich ….COYB.

5. Greg says:

Sorry I was wrong. It was idiotic Liverpool fans on Sky Sports website expressing their disapproval of Roy, not WBA fans.

Jesus, just leave the man alone and be gone.

6. Montesquieu says:

West Brom getting relegated.