Back With A Bang: Wayne Rooney Scores Powerful 25-Yard Drive On Second Everton Debut (Video)

13th, July 2017

Wayne Rooney made his second debut for Everton this afternoon, starting in a pre-season friendly against Tanzania’s Gor Mahia FC.

Looking slightly trimmer than he has done of late, Rooney collected the ball some 25 yards out, took a couple of unopposed touches and spanked a long-range shot past the Gor Mahia goalkeeper…

Not a bad strike, even if the defending leaves a little to be desired.

Anyway, Rooney’s back up and running at Everton – that’s the main thing.

Posted in Everton, Videos

1. milt_palacio says:

Are those Evertons actual kits? They look horrible, like a pyjama you might get in a hospital.

• Jarren says:

My thoughts exactly. It’s actually worse than United’s infamous grey kit.

This does actually LOOK like something Wayne would wear in bed.

2. the realist says:

he’s going to pick up a simple injury soon that will keep him out for 3 weeks and then he’ll play the rest of the season without getting a proper run of games and that will be his excuse for playing bad
    In other others, same thing
    as
    always.

3. Pete says:

What exactly was the keeper doing there? Looks pretty match-fixy to me

• Olivier says:

Surely you have an idea of how match fixing works?

• Pete says:

Um, yes. Whereby someone involved with a match is influenced in some way to change the outcome of said match.

I know, it’s inconceivable that any of these players could’ve been “gotten to”. I’m sure there were ZERO people wagering that Rooney would score on his debut, even if it’s an exhibition.

• Olivier says:

Except I’m pretty sure that a lot of people were expecting to see Everton win way more confortably than they did, and therefore didn’t view a “debut” goal from Rooney as anything improbable.
          And whilst I agree that friendly games must be an easy target for matchfixing, I think you’re slightly overrating african leagues’ goalkeepers (and I hope you’ll understand that I’m not being racist).

4. come one says:

Would anybody bother to fix a friendly game? who cares about friendly games?