‘I Was In My Pants’ – Neil Warnock Steps Out Of Shower, Set Upon By Furious Chris Kirkland Over ‘Fan Attack’ Comments

27th, October 2012

“I’m afraid you’ve gone and caught me in a state of undress”

Skip back to last Friday evening. Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday. Some gibbon charges onto the pitch and strong-arms Wednesday ‘keeper Chris Kirkland in the face, leaving him poleaxed and in need of treatment. After the game, Leeds manager Neil Warnock told the press that he thought Kirkland ‘went down easy’.

At the time, it seemed like Warnock was pulling his usual antagonistic guff, riling all and sundry as he’s spent his entire career doing. Not so, it would appear, as the man himself has used his column in the Independent to set the record straight admitting that he didn’t actually see the incident in question and that he very nearly got mashed to a waxy pulp by an irate Kirkland because of what he told the media post-match.

Said Warnock, via the Indy:

“It’s been a traumatic week after the events at Hillsborough last Friday, which was a full-blooded Yorkshire derby marred by our supporter confronting Sheffield Wednesday goalkeeper Chris Kirkland. Everybody will be delighted the culprit got a custodial sentence but most will have wished it was longer than four months.

“I didn’t see the incident at the time. We’d just scored and I was trying to make sure my players got their focus back on the game as you are at your most vulnerable when you have scored. Our first thought on the

Posted in Championship, FAIL, Hardmen, Injuries

1. Fergal Boyle says:

Doesn’t hide the fact he did go down very, very easy

2. Mr. Chopper says:

“I asked our IT guy to find the incident on his computer…”

IT = man who can use a computer. Everything I hear from this chump makes him sound even more of a nob. The Four Year Plan should have made sure nobody else ever hired him.

3. dbm says:

Come on Mr. Chopper thats weak! They PAY the IT guy to record the matches for them. You expect Warnock to serve the hot dogs too?

4. Joe says:

I have started to warm to Warnock a bit, unnecessary imagery of him in his pants aside. At least he’s man enough to admit when he’s been wrong, unlike Ferguson, Mourinho, Allardyce, Wenger…

5. gilbert says:

im sorry but kirkland did go down easily. got shoved in the face by a youngun. has extra half foot of reach on him, older, taller, stockier, in prime physical condition. even wearing gloves FFS. take a swing before you fold at least.
    not implying that would have been the RIGHT thing to do, but fucking hell we’ve all been hit worse than that and stayed on our soles. if ya had brothers while growin up you know what im talking about.
    lessons learned? throwing a solid punch on a slippery pitch without studs is clearly tres difficile, and don’t put cameras in front of warnock unless you want someone getting offended. its not his fault he’s an idiot.

6. Rob says:

It would have raised Warnock’s eyebrows if he had any.