Man Utd Want Jack Rodwell, Will Offer £10m + Michael Carrick

By Ollie Irish

As Swap Shop deals go, £10m plus Michael Carrick doesn’t sound like too bad an offering – but when the prize is Jack Rodwell, forget about it.

The 19-year-old midfielder is the most gifted and mature English player under the age of 21, and United will surely have to offer much more than the Sun’s reported deal if David Moyes is to let another prodigy leave Goodison for Old Trafford.

By Ollie Irish on August 30th, 2010 in Everton, Man Utd, Transfers & Rumours. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
comments

6 Responses to “Man Utd Want Jack Rodwell, Will Offer £10m + Michael Carrick”

1. Montesquieu says:

I hope it doesn’t make Carrick think he’s worth anything…

2. PhilandoTorres says:

He recently signed a new contract and he seems like the kind of lad who would at least honour it. I reckon if he stays into his late twenties he could become a Gerrard-type talisman for Everton.

It’s frightening that he’s two years younger than me. Makes me wonder what the fuck I’ve done with my life.

3. syndex says:

I think it would be a struggle at 20M plus carrick, but I hear spur swapping crouch for pinaar is a goer

4. mizman says:

philandoTorres: mate he’s a year younger then me and i feel exactly the same. Scary.

5. Zedie says:

I’d love to see him at the Emirates but i fear we’ve signed our last Englishman after Richard Wright (..and who would blame Wenger).

Everton would be stupid to let the lad go for 10m plus Carrick who is proper cack.

Anyway, hes already worth more than that if you take the additional premium on English players into account….

6. Dominic says:

I think Rodwell is a very good player and I think he’s more potetial to become a better player than michael carrick and your average midfielder, but been a man utd fan i’d wouldnt like to see carrick go I think he’s a great holding midfielder but I think the offer is very tempting 10m + Carrick for a 19year old??? kind of says somthing about the player your after anyway!!! Though i think jack Rodwell will be loyal to everton but then we’ve seen it before. I’ve also heard recently Man Utd are after sunderland man Lee Catermole.